View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
Falundir

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE - Hyper Blue, P85DL
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty2ss View Post
Awesome story. You can actually turn on the web cam? That is awesome
Most remote control applications allow for webcam viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandier View Post
Wayyyy too cool.... I want that software to remotely turn on the laptop for mine! Readily available?
As mentioned below, the best commercially available software is PCAnywhere, or GoToMeeting/LiveMeeting.

This was an in house version that we use as part of our controls. All of our laptops have whole disk encryption and client information is all cloud based. However, if a laptop is stolen we want the ability to remotely wipe it, and potentially recover the hardware. This software, like LoJack for Laptops (CompuTrace) is installed on the hardware of the system, so even if you destroy or remove the hard drive, we will still have full control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
You, sir, are winning. LIKE A BOSS.

Was the thief a baggage handler?

Sent from my iPad
Since the police are now looking into the history of how the laptop went from TSA to the suspect's possession, I won't be able to comment until a final arrest is made (if any). I am in the habit of avoiding speculation, but since the TSA is involved it could get interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuLe View Post
Does ur mom's laptop have the flash next to the webcam? If yes, how did you turn on the webcam without turning on the flash (in the dark) im just asking because with my laptop, its standard and i have to leave the flash on a couple seconds before i turn it off in the webcam software manually. And damn its hella cool man ... My major in college is computer science and all i wanna do is like that ... Can u provide a lil bit more info about that?
The light next to the camera is a separate piece of hardware, so if you exclude it, it will not fire.

We have a mentorship program for those in college/looking to break into the industry. Feel free to hit me up at csitter@cerberusforensics.com and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Winning.

Isn't using the Internet fun? It's like I tell my employers.

Everything is on the Internets, and I can find it.

Great job OP
Thank you sir, and there is not a statement more true than yours. The same applies for a computer as well.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote