Thread: P-1SC-1 Quote
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 05:58 AM   #8
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtmurillo View Post
My end goal is between 650-700 HP. I like ProCharger and I also plan on camming my car in the future so I don’t have to get straight to 650-700 with just the ProCharger. I like the reliability of it and I want to have an engine that lasts a long time.

I helped my friend install his stage 2 P1SC on a 2015 SS. Here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. If you have any modifications currently, (cam/exhaust/headers) Procharger support will tell you NOT to use their tune.

2. The fast injectors are not well liked by most tuners and too small for E85.

3. The surge valve is kinda junk, and has been replaced by a Big Red Race valve.

4.The instructions have you install a boost/vacuum switch right onto the brake booster vacuum line. This leaves exposed electrical connectors right next to the metal refrigeration lines. Be sure to cover them so it doesnt short out.

5. The boost a pump will only get you so far with the stock fuel pump. You will eventually need more pump. Cant use that setup for E85.

6. The intercooler piping and couplers are a pain in the ass and his intake temperatures are around 140. Thats kinda high for a "stage 2" intercooler. Probably because the air filter sucks hot air off the header.

7. He broke the tensioner bolt during a pulley swap. Not sure who's fault that is, but the design isnt the greatest.

Since he was cammed with headers, he ended up having to sell off his Fast injectors, Diablo Sport handheld tuner, install a ZL1 fuel pump, and have his car tuned locally and the FPCM tuned. And now he's on the limit of his fuel system. It cost him $1400 for ID1300x, $500 for a tune, and $200 for a new fuel pump. Plus $400 or so for the Surge valve.

In my personal opinion, I would try to buy the kit as a Tuner Kit, if they sell it this way. That should save you $1000 or so, which you could use towards a DSX Aux pump, or a good set of injectors, or a tune, or a clutch, or a set of drag radials, or any of the many things you will want soon.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote