View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #46
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Actually..we do do installs, and we have customers who have been out of our shop in 2 hours with a Kooks header install. These are members here who have posted feedback here. 3 hours with dyno, and quicko budget tune. As far as "what kind of work you get"....it's remove and replace. You can't really mess it up.

That being said, it truly is a two way street. Customers like to think that they pretty much control things..and everyone should fight for their money. But if what he said was true, and he has 34 cars, and 6 months worth of work lined up..one would assume others are paying that much for service. If someone is paying you X amount to do a service, and you are plenty busy..why would you discount it to install a product you don't want to work with anyway?

Just playing the devil's advocate here...
I'm with Brandon on this as well.....3 hours tops if the customer is around and asks questions/takes pictures during the install. Once you have done a few of them, it is like breathing and just becomes something that you know how to do on the Camaro.

One thing I'd add is that if guy has 34 cars and 6 months of work lined up he needs to a.)hire some help or b.)get better at what he does to make sure those waiting that long actually show up and come back for more services/products later.

I don't even think that Andy or Ted have folks waiting for 6 months for anything...and we all know how great both of those fellas are at what they do.

Hell, Eric at HKE doesn't even have a 6 month wait.....well. Sometimes.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote