View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #1
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
MAJOR UPDATE!!!! WE FOUND A CURE FOR SECOND GEAR GRIND!!

I own a 2011 Camaro SS2/RS 6 speed . my car came with the upgraded carbon blocker on second gear from the factory. it has 2600 miles on it. Drove it about 200 miles before every really winding it up in first gear. So then i finally did and ground second, and ground second and ground second every time on high rpm . shifts perfect normal driving. im very particular who i let touch my car since i own my own auto repair shop and do all my own work. so taking it to the dealer especially after reading everyone elses dealer experiences on here wasnt an option. i took the trans out and gave it to Rick on the forum here, Rick from rkt56/ T&T performance rebuilt my trans his way with upgraded shift fork bushings and the carbon blockers like hes done for others. i put the trans back into the car with a katech ls9 twin disc clutch kit and a mgw shifter to make sure i eliminate anything else as being the problem. i put 150 -170 miles on it and it still grinds the same way. So I called Rick up and told him what happened. He couldnt believe it bc he hasnt had any trouble with any of his other rebuilds. we discussed a few things to make sure it was definitely the trans that was the issue and i removed the trans and gave it back to him. He took it home called me up a day later and told me his plan of attack. he reuild the trans again differently this time ( im not going to reveal his secret im going to let him decide to tell you if he so choses) i put it in the car drove it around the block a few times to warm up trans and then got on it to around 5000 rpm and shifted into second perfectly. drove the car around that day for awhile and before bringing it home did a few burn outs and donuts gave a few strong pulls in first then shifting into second perfectly with no grind. I really appreciate Rick taking the time to work with me on curing this grinding issue. he really knows his trannys and all the hassle and money spent getting him the trans back and fourth was well worth it in my book. now i can keep my camaro and be happy instead of selling it and being miserable. thanks again Rick!

If your having the same problems get ahold of Rick if your dealer isnt helping you. Goodluck Everyone!
Attached Images

IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote