View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #10
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
warranty is not out the door , because i have all the stock parts and if i had no other choice but to take it to the dealer which they have no clue what they are doing anyway i would just put all the stock stuff back in. when Rick rebuilt my trans he left all the stock markings on my trans there's no way anyone could tell it was tampered with. having said before im not letting the dealer touch my car because with my luck ill get the car back scratched /dented or who knows what. and all the dealer will do is replace second gear which wont help or replace the entire trans which will be hit or miss. "the fix" is putting a different syncronizer in for second gear, which i said i didnt want to give away details on because its Ricks find and he did the homework to get this thing fixed right, its his decision to give up his find. Ive been in this business way too long to be so foolish to take something to the dealer right away knowing they wont fix it. i know a ton of ppl who work for dealers i hear all their stories and im just not comfortable letting any of those guys touch my car . if the motor blew or the rear blew or something stupid happened then id have no choice to take it back and get it covered under warranty. but this trans issue has been going on and on with camaro , mustang , challenger and some corvettes. its a known issue and i dont see dealers or gm coming up with a solution. i made the right choice for me and Rick solved the problem. just wanted to let you guys know there is a cure. Ricks on vacation he will be back soon and im sure he will comment.

Last edited by IDEALG; 09-28-2011 at 08:04 AM.
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote