View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #27
VOGGS-LS3-1LE
Angry by Nature

Drives: 13' Camaro 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP 1 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Then you should also know that the warranty wouldn't cover it anyways so the whole factless argument you've tried to create and can't back up to maintain a warranty that wouldn't cover the issue...?

Sorry you don't like information. If pointing out something you don't seem to understand is considered an attack then maybe you should do some research first like you suggested to me. What are the 2 data elements for a YAW sensor to get a reading? Now which one of those is NEVER present in a hill start situation. So the sensor that is present for HSA isn't a yaw sensor and is merely incline detection. Since you chose to not listen to my example of towing a car maybe that will help you understand.
The yaw rate sensor does indicate inclination. Towing has no effect. Camaros either get towed on a flatbed or wheel lifted from the rear wheels. The BCM looks at values from the yaw rate sensor, engine rpm and load, brake pedal switch and clutch position switch. If you notice the hsa doesnt kick in until both the clutch and brake pedal is depressed. Quick tip to disable this....if you know your on an incline, and dont want hsa click up the ebrake 1 click. It will turn the brake indicator on the dash and disable the hsa. Just long enough so you can roll out the clutch. I live in hilly pittsburgh pa and do it at least one time everytime I drive it. I can catch the car and roll out the clutch alot better will less clucth slip than trying to use hsa!

2013 CHEVROLET CAMARO 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP
1 OF 76
Roto Fab CAI
1LE BADGES
VOGGS-LS3-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote