View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 12:25 PM   #235
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Another brief update for those who care. Never did find anything looking out of place, so went ahead and reassembled so I could at least drive the thing!

Came across an amazing deal on a catback here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnaflow-1...53.m1438.l2649

So I picked that up and got it put on last weekend. Took it out for a spin, and WOW, this thing was ripping it! Granted, it was also a lot colder, so that probably didn't help traction at all..but it seemed to have no issues busting tires loose now!

Also, realizing I bought a used intake and hadn't cleaned filter, I decided to. It looked fine, but I am trying to find every little bit that I can. Washed it out, and it appeared to have been over-oiled. So, that wasn't helping anything. Went ahead and pulled the MAF out (I just used the one that came with the intake) and it has a black residue all over it. Guessing from filter being over-oiled. So, I am going to get that cleaned up too. Let my tuner know all of this, and he wants to get it back on the dyno one of these days. Need a couple small tweaks done to the tune as well, but overall, this thing was running GREAT! Definitely needs some gears though...it doesn't like being below 3k much at all.
2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | Powell Bronze Trunnion bushings | 3.91's | BC Catch Can

go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote