View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #238
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hixson View Post
Still following, I hope everything continues to work out for you. Are you still hunting for issues or at this point are you happy with where its at?
Other than needing a couple things tweaked in the tune (takes a little while for RPM to come down after a rev, and need limiter raised a bit), it runs really really well. I'm pretty happy with it seat of the pants wise, just not the numbers..but those don't mean a lot on their own. It sounds great now too. This exhaust really deepened the tone without making it much (if any) louder at WOT.

It just isn't as powerful as I wanted still...but not sure if that was going to happen without some boost And gears will probably help a lot there without adding actual power at the crank. Maybe cleaning MAF and checking tune will help a bit, but between that and the exhaust, I am not expecting miracles. A small gain would be nice though.

At the very least, I will have some definitive proof weather a catback makes more than a couple HP difference on a cam/heads car. Very little solid info on this topic. And this magnaflow competition one shouldn't be very restrictive since it's basically a resonated x-pipe and then straight pipe after that.

Best of all...I looked under it last night since it has been sitting for days, and NO LEAKS NOW! Oil temps didn't seem to be much, if any, higher after some spirited driving with the cooler delete. So that's nice
2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | Powell Bronze Trunnion bushings | 3.91's | BC Catch Can

go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote