Old 09-13-2017, 06:24 PM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
That was a pretty sweet article. Read it a while back

The Raptor is better suited for Desert style terrain. The PowerWagon was in its ideal environment, which is logging trails. Colorado did well but is underpowered and undersized compared to its competition but handled its own.

The big beef with the Raptor is the engine. A fullsize truck (that is your Halo truck) should not have a V6.. it needs a V8, plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
It does, but you still have turbo lag and all the power is in the upper RPM's where a truck engine should not be. And when it comes to longevity, I will take a V8 over a twin turbo v6 any day. It is well documented that Ford's turbo's have issues after 70K miles.

But that does not fit Ford's vision of lighter and more MPG's. So expect turbo's and Aluminum in the next Ranger.
EcoBoast IS Ford's 'halo engine'. The new GT exists as almost exclusively as a way to market the engine. How much better a V8 would be for it or the Raptor is irrelevant. Marketing has already decided that smaller engines, with direct injection and turbochargers are superior. And so it shall be done ...
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote