View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #4578
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

Personally, I don't understand the appeal of either SUV's or crossovers and I think that most people should be buying sedans, wagons, and hatchbacks instead. Added bonus: that makes it a lot easier to make 'interesting' variants at minimal cost (ie, coupe, convertible, and sporty models). But thats not where the market is these days. Maybe in 10 years it will swing back in that direction, but it looks like for the next while the crossover is king.
Not that I don't agree with you, but my take is that they sell b/c they sit up higher, and that higher feeling, combined with the SUV-ish nature of a small CUV makes them feel roomier than a sedan, even if they aren't. The height makes them "easier" to do things like put your kids in the seats, or load/unload groceries. I'd rather drive a car, but I don't see the CUV favor going away anytime soon. Most people would rather have the above, and trade off the small MPG hit that a sedan would give them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
CAMI is on strike.

GM has a 53 day supply of Equinoxes but with how well the new model is selling, that won't last long.
I hope it keeps selling well. Every time I see one on the road I think "good CUV, nice interior, boring exterior". I think it might be the most boring looking offering in the segment. I hope the Blazer gets more style, but with the Traverse and Equinox looking similar, it only makes sense the Blazer will be similar also.