View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #4
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
The opinions on this I noticed are all over the place. I've read other posts stating that it WILL help and that the stock hx is better then we give it credit for. More fluid means it'll take longer for that fluid to heat up.

The example used was trying to boil water in a pot. Put a little bit of water in the pot, it boils fast. Fill the pot and it takes much longer to boil. It does make perfect sense. So I would imagine a reservoir would certainly help.
Yes i wrote that about the kitchen kettle and yes to me it makes perfect sense if you have more volume of coolant to heat up obviously it will take longer to heat that coolant up.

From what jessyrayo said about his system for road racing i would avoid the plastic reservoirs since if you go hard enough on the car for long enough the coolant will get so hot it will blow the plastic up like a balloon.

Also any metal fab shop would be able to make a custom reservoir for you, probably near the same cost as some of these shops, being custom you can figure out where you want to mount it and how much you want it to hold.

In my opinion you should upgrade the pump to a much bigger one and if doing so this opens up the option to make a system like jessyrayo and run a big take in the spare tire area.

And yeah exactly like i said before with the kitchen kettle put a small amount of water in it turn it on it boils fast, fill it right up, plumb in a reservoir and a pump to cycle the water through it, it's not going to boil anywhere near as fast. The temps in the long run over sustained high speeds might reach the same temperatures but it certainly wont get to that temp at the same rate of time. And that would be beating up on the car on a road course.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote