View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 06:30 PM   #1
DarkSSide

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro Convertible
Hello from Sacramento, California

Hello Everyone,

I’m new to this forum but it looks exactly like the Corvette one I’m used to. I sold my 2009 Corvette 1LT coupe 6 months ago after 5 years of ownership. I’ve been drag racing cars and bikes off and on since I was a kid and the old Vette is on the C6 Fast List on the other board; so I’m looking forward to seeing what the SS can put down (but I’m not expecting great numbers with a fully loaded convertible). More recently, my wife and I agreed that her ‘13 Miata, while an incredibly fun car, was simply too small for our needs (even a tiny new puppy takes up significant room in a Miata!). So with the wife’s blessing to bring some noteworthy horsepower back into the garage as long as the top drops, I present our newest grocery getter, a 2017 SS Camaro Convertible. Both the Vette and Mazda will be missed, but this thing is more fun than either (and looks like a modern day GM version of Eleanor from Gone In 60 Seconds)! We drove a ‘15 bare bones C7 vert with under 5k miles and I was hooked on that new LT1 motor and 8 spd tranny....definitely felt more precise throttle response, steering, and more low end torque than the C6. So one test drive of our new 2SS confirmed my suspicions - we now have a heavily optioned Corvette with back seats, more cargo space, a considerably smaller price tag, oh yeah - and the coolest Head Up Display I’ve ever seen...win/win/win!!
Attached Images

DarkSSide is offline   Reply With Quote