View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #135
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 572HP View Post
I sent a letter to the Service Director at my dealership asking for their assistance. They forwarded my letter to GM, and here is the response that I received:

Although I feel that this is an "easy answer", it is probably somewhat the truth. I'm sure there are things that they could do to allow us to disable it ourselves, without having to fight them over warranty issues if we do. However, I don't see how a few of us are going to get their attention. They'll just have to suffer diminished sales of the automatics, but I really doubt that they'll make the connection.

As for me, I'm convinced that I'll just give up the warranty. I love my camaro, and I'm at a point in my life where I can afford to build a new engine if I needed to. Time to play.
While I do understand their potential problem with the EPA and other regulatory agencies about changing AFM, I really want a definitive answer about how AFM should work. If it's suppose to be some what random, please state it so. If it's only suppose to be active in D mode, be specific. Not giving an definitive answer is just unacceptable to the end users. My 2011 Cruze would probably be my last GM vehicle now that I see how the New GM is operating.

I wouldn't have a problem with this BS, if they just come clean. I can then make a decision on what to do with the car. Without making major mods for more power, I think it would be foolish on my part just to put in a tune so that AFM can work properly.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote