View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #27
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleLife View Post
Thanks for the feedback Chase! I have done a fair bit of research on this and have read all of your posts (including the "Will this void my warranty" one) and they are packed full of great information, so I've got to extend many thanks. I remember your write-up about a tune not strictly voiding it, but on the flip side if the valve train does have issues, fails, and causes the engine to blow (obviously worst case scenario) wouldn't it be too easy for GM to say the tune was causing the engine to run lean or this or that, and not cover the engine replacement?

I'm approaching this from the stand point of, I'll accept having to replace gaskets, or heads, or accessories, but I would really rather not put myself in a place where I have to replace the block or rotating assembly. Could I? Sure - but I'd rather not at this point haha.

I think I am siding more towards the LTs side at this point though.

As far as GM, if I had too, I can be a hard ass. But they have lawyers on retainer and if I wanted to fight them and they weren't going to cave easily then it could be very expensive in the long run. I feel like they want to make it seem like if you tune you void the warranty so not everyone does it. That way they don't have to pay to fix the engines of the people who do go to Joe-Shmoe and get a shitty tune.

As far as the headers: How about deese?
http://www.phastekperformance.com/St...lt-headers.htm

Edit: I've also looked at the BBK system with off-road pipes. Are they comparable to the Stainless Power?
Glad that you have found those threads helpful. Yes, IF those sorts of issues came up then they could point to the tune. That is part of the math you have to figure out for yourself. At this point what is the likelihood of _________ happening? What is your risk tolerance? Don't do anything you are not comfortable with but with the miles you have and the mods you are considering I don't think you have much to worry about in regards to the block and rotating assembly. You always have the option of going with the Solo high flow cats and forgetting about tuning. If you don't like them, sell them in the member classified section.

The Stainless Power headers are very nice, better than BBK, but you are shopping for them on the wrong website. In my opinion Stainless Power is the best bang for your buck long tube option for these cars.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote