Thread: New Z/28 !?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #29
Doug Halsey
Toy Collector

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
I hope that the speculation for the new Z/28 is wrong. Why? I'm way too competitive to let that car go by and not want to buy it. Problem is I love the look, sound, and driving capability of my 2015 Z/28. So please don't make another.

With that said you can find internet articles (like Car and Driver) that support the idea that there is "distinct possibility that the Z/28 could use a 750-ish-hp version of the supercharged pushrod small-block V-8 slated for the 2018 C7 Corvette ZR1."

I personally think they might just do it, but then I will never buy a new performance car again because they no longer hold their value. FYI - yes most cars lose their value, but I never had a car lose so much as my Z/28!

Basically, the ROI is not worth the HP / performance value of these modern muscle cars bring to the table to justify buying the next model year.- at least not the ones made by GM.

So lets some other fool be parted with their money. In the end it is all about having fun while driving. I can't always be the fastest, but I can be a more intelligent buyer.