Thread: New Z/28 !?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 01:35 PM   #37
Norris Camaro

Drives: Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Halsey View Post
Everyone has their reason for buying their car. For me I had a 1969 Camaro SS when I was 24 (in the early 90's) – it was what I could afford since my dream car was a 1969 Z/28. Until then I only had practical cars. When my wife died two years later I had to sell it to pay for the funeral – Long story, I was in the military and didn’t have a lot of money & her company said she declined her insurance coverage a month earlier (yeah right).

So many years later when the new gen 5 Camaro debuted I prayed they would make a Z/28. When they did and the price was a crazy $75K I thought there is no way I could get one. However, I justified it by doing my research and I read the engineer comments on how this would be the last true Z/28. And with the new emissions and how they just supercharged the Z06, it made sense that this would be the last naturally aspirated Z/28.

So you ask why I care? It’s just a car? For those who think a car is just for transportation then yeah it’s a car.

For others a car represents freedom, art, and an engineering masterpiece. - That's me.

But if you think that the Z/28 is just a car why are you writing in this forum? Unless you’re a troll.

I'm sure you will now say you love the car, but..... At this point it doesn't matter what you say, because to you its just a car.
May God bless you my good friend
Norris Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote