View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
kramard

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i
A heartfelt goodbye

I've been oggling over ZLE's since the first day I saw the picture. With prices where they are I decided to swap for a ZLE. I was 99.9% sure I was going to make the switch on Sunday so I put everything I had into this run at Dominion to set the fastest time of the day - it really was a special way to send off my car (I don't FTD often because there are some monster cars driven by monster drivers in our local series) but I pushed an Audi driver into a mistake and the door was open to take the come from behind win on my last run both for the day and in my z/28.

I drove home with no music, listened to the LS7 rumble and appreciated everything this car has taught me. I went from being a middle of the pack slow as driver to pushing national champions in faster cars to their limits all because of how approachable and amazing this platform is. I used to dream that one day I could drift like Chris Harris (ok, maybe just safely third gear drift lol) and now I can do it with ease. I learned how to use my driving in realife to become competitive in sim racing and I used my gains in sim racing to benefit my real world laptimes. This car taught me how to be a good HPDE instructor and it's helped forge friendships with local owners.

This is a small but very special group and I appreciate all the advice and help you all have provided over the last 2.5 years! Thanks for answering my texts, calls or posts when I needed a hand or some direction.

My vin is 951 and I had it since 5k miles. If you come across and want to buy it I can give you all the details to 27,000.

Here's Sunday's run - this was a special one for me:
kramard is offline   Reply With Quote