View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #94
567234ta

Drives: 1996 gmc ecsb 408 ci SC 4l80e
Being the fact i know a lot about chillers and the subject, ill give my honest opinion.
If you are looking for more power with this type of unit for racing or even highway runs against someone (closed highways of course) you would be better off with a Meth setup. The power it takes to run the compressor pretty much negates any gains it may have.

However the benefit i see with this is for people in southern areas who have a SC and their IAT's are a problem on hot days. This would drop them by 20°F pretty easily. There would be a small gain in the 10 second burst but it would heat back up almost immediately. As far as condensation drip that would be an easy fix anyways, run a drain pan with a tube that drips on the exhaust.

I think the most beneficial use of this IS for the track but setup in a tank. The only negative factor would be the weight of the added fluid and components. Because if you had a 4 gallon insulated tank chilled to about 30F and could route that thru your SC at the flick of a switch it would be one hell of a boost in a 1/4 mile.