View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:02 PM   #95
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I can't wait to see how this all pans out. I hope someone will be willing to step up and see what this product can do, because this would be something I'd definately be interested in when the time comes.

Good luck
Have orders stacked up....anxious to get it out to the customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Hey, if you need a car, let me know.

I'd be interested.

depends on how long you'd need the car for.

shoot me a PM

Would need the car for a week max. I'll PM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 567234ta View Post
Being the fact i know a lot about chillers and the subject, ill give my honest opinion.
If you are looking for more power with this type of unit for racing or even highway runs against someone (closed highways of course) you would be better off with a Meth setup. The power it takes to run the compressor pretty much negates any gains it may have.

However the benefit i see with this is for people in southern areas who have a SC and their IAT's are a problem on hot days. This would drop them by 20°F pretty easily. There would be a small gain in the 10 second burst but it would heat back up almost immediately. As far as condensation drip that would be an easy fix anyways, run a drain pan with a tube that drips on the exhaust.

I think the most beneficial use of this IS for the track but setup in a tank. The only negative factor would be the weight of the added fluid and components. Because if you had a 4 gallon insulated tank chilled to about 30F and could route that thru your SC at the flick of a switch it would be one hell of a boost in a 1/4 mile.

Meth is instant & great, but you need to refill and also don't want to run out during a run. Also the reacurring cost of the meth fills would add up over time.

The compressor only kicks off while at WOT, so if you were going to run WOT all the time it would not be a good match, meth w/a giant tank, and I agree with the weight of a tank. This entire setup only adds a few pounds (I think I have scale pics in the early parts of the thread). The capacity of most water to air intercooler systems is large enough to give cooling for the time the car is at WOT as the coolant is still circulating.

We have had this on some GTO's working awesome and that is where we got the cooling #'s from. Don't expect the camaro to be much different. Condensation is not an issue with the chiller as you are not pulling hummidity out of the air as you are in the cabin (that is why you see the water dripping from cabin AC). Plus we double insulate the chiller, the only portion cooled that would result in any minor condensation drips, but testing shows it is not an issue so far. It may be with extended use, but I don't forsee it. All the components should be pictured, and total weight added is around 7#'s.

Now if you were running WOT for a minute or two at a time, then this may not be ideal....time will tell, but for average track & closed street runs it is ideal.

The real proof will be when it is on a car running for an extended period to see the results and any unforseen issue that may pop up.

This includes a digital readout in the cabin to show both chiller liquid & IAT temps so monitoring is easy.

The tests done were at BMP with 2 minutes of running in the staging lanes & the burnout box. At launch (WOT) the compressor kicked off as the ECM commands and when past the finish line it kicked back on when let off & temp rising was minimal. More test are needed though.