View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 03:55 AM   #19
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Picked it up a few VERY LONG days later.
When they fired it up and backed it out of the shop, I was amazed how bad *ssed and how loud it was. All I could think of was “oh man, I went too far”. Took it home and drove it around a bit, *amn! I had to relearn how to drive the car……….again. Nice power, but loud and it had a drone at 1500RPM. The car has NPP exhaust, so the flaps are supposed to be open at idle and closed by 1500. Soon after I got it home I discovered that the vacuum line was disconnected, so the flaps were open all the time. Connected the vacuum line and the NPP worked as designed. This knocked the drone down a bit.
The next day I got a check engine light, called the shop and they said “bring it in and we’ll take a look”. It turned out to be a loose header flange. While they tightened the bolts, I got a chance to talk to the tuner, he then made some adjustments that made it MUCH more well-mannered and changed the second fuel table to run on lower grade fuel (not in the plan, but I travel and 93 is not always available). We talked about the possibility to tune the NPP to be closed at idle (it was AWESOME, I mean loud backing out of the garage at 0530). I am the newbie in the neighborhood and I do not want to start things off being the obnoxious neighbor. Besides, there is a constable two houses down from me and I don’t want to attract undue attention.
Back to the tuner, he said “nope, not possible for them to tune the NPP”. A good shop, by the way. I’m quite happy with their interest in me and the car after the sale. AND I got two T shirts………..worth the money for that alone, haha

once i figure out how to post a video, i'll put up how it sounds