View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Are Aftermarket Exhaust No Good.....?

Can someone with the tooling and facility please do an experiment ......maybe it is done already, can someone point me to it but not the manufacturer's testing please!

Take a bone stock SS and give it a full Dyno tune ... get the numbers!

Replace the OEM exhaust with a Corsa or Borla Catback and do a full Dyno tune and get the numbers ! By the way, I hear that the OEM SS exhaust is Borla goods!!

I would be interested as well as others in knowing the results because there is a post that states fairly strongly that the aftermarket exhausts are all NFG! I would definately help to fund this if a soul with the facility takes it on ! We could set up a sticky to get enough donations to do it. I can't help wonder if a number of the custom shops may be interested in funding it fully to save their own grace because they after all are very heavily advertising these systems as pereformance improvers.

I can tell you that the addition of my CORSA Sport cat back system has given me the sound and look that I was looking for! I mean lets face it that that the measily maybe 15 to 20 ponies it added was "not" the reasoon I put it underneath my Blue Baby!!!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500

Last edited by Riderover40; 04-30-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote