View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #19
Drottie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible in VR
I know how the HP bug can bite you. I'm right at 100whp over stock now. It used to feel quick, now it just feels normal. I'm pretty sure the 650 (or close) won't be an issue with this setup. I'm also realistic to admit it will also suffer the same fate and start to feel "normal" after awhile. Larger headers may come into play if/when I decide 650 isn't enough. I know that going to the next level properly will require fully building the motor, ie forged internals, ect. To maintain any type of durability and longevity. I'm not sure if I could ever justify the cost to myself for a car that I want to drive anywhere at anytime. If this was a track car it'd be different, but we (my wife and I) use the car, groceries, taking the kiddos places ect. I know I'm leaving hp on the table, the Whipple has a 3.5" pulley on it now, and I'm going bigger because I know the engine isn't built the way I want it to handle 13-14lb of boost and over 800hp. Hopefully in a couple weeks to a month I can provide some feedback on how it went. I really would like to start wrenching soon!
Whipple 2.9L with 3.875" pulley
CBI ESAD cam with Tooley springs
ADM fuel with ID850 injectors DSX Tune
MGW shifter
20" TSW Nurbering 275/315 Nitto NT05
Carlyle Performance 15" kit with Pfadt solid subframe inserts
C.A.I. cold air intake
SLP LT headers, 3" exhaust, no cats, x-pipe
ZL1 dual mode mufflers
Lighting controlled by NightOwl

2010 SS/RS LS3 - SOLD-
#15,852 build date 06/05/2009