View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #1
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
So I FINALLY took my cammy for a High-Speed Drive tonight, and...

So I finally took my Camaro for a high speed drive tonight.

I've had my car for about 3 weeks now and have done very little highway on it as my schedule has kept me in the city.

Just to give you an idea of how much that really sucks, My average speed to date has been only 24 Kilometers per hour. Yeah, with the endless traffic and stop lights and every freaggin' corner, Montreal blows.

So anyway tonight I FINALLY got it on the highway (40 East of the tunnel), and WOW is this thing cool. Here's what I found.

- At 70 Kh/m in 5th gear, there was tons of power to get me past 140kh/m in mere seconds.

- At 100 KHm in 6th gear, there was still lots of power to get me past 150kh/m in mere seconds. I was really surprised at how much power there was as I expected 6th gear to be useless except to save on fuel.

- At 100 KHm, my V8 was sipping fuel, at an average of - wait for it - 6.1 Litres per 100 Kilometers. WHAT ?!?!?! Is this thing sh*tin' me?

- At 120 KHm however, the average economy dropped to 7.5 L/Khm. When I slowed back down to 100, my economy improved.

- I like Rock, but found myself listening to The Symphony station on XM (I forget the #). The sound quality of the radio is pretty decent, and driving fast while listen to something slow was strangely interesting and very soothing. Was the Camaro made for classical music? (Let's say No.)

- While driving around I was running iHUD on my iPhone. It measures speed using its accelerometer and has a built in database of photo radar locations. I was able to listen to my iPhone and change music while the program was running. Sweet!

- On my way back, I take the turn off of Highway 40 West onto the Lafontaine tunnel. The off-ramp is under construction, and has large bumps and holes. I slow down to about 60kh/m, and drop it to 4th gear, and -

- I step on the gas, and WOW!!!!! No, I mean, WOW! The car stuck to the road! I felt the bumps but geezuz it accelerated quicky, and not for a second did I feel it lose its grip. My '02 Trans-Am's back-end would have bounced around all over the place, and I would have had to oversteer to correct it.

- ... But not in the Camaro. This car feels so smooth. I feel totally connected to the road yet isolated from it at the same time. The car handled the road just as if it was clear. I couldn't believe it.

This is one incredible car. I have driven BMW's and Mercedes that don't come close. This car feels like a $65,000 + car easily. I'm impressed as hell, and I'm glad I own one.

CamaroRick and the others were right, right, right. If you are getting tired of waiting for your car to arrive, don't give up!! It is completely worth the wait, and absolutely worth the price.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote