View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 07:36 AM   #663
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by King T View Post
The Z/28 is awesome! Kudos to GM and everyone involved for bringing this wonderful vehicle to fruition.

After it was mentioned that it was going to be the most expensive street legal Camaro I guessed it was going to be $70k, I was close!

While it is out of my price range, I think it is totally worth it, and I hope to be able to see one when they hit the street or track

Reminds me of a modern day (and better more extreme take) of the 2000 Cobra R

1999 SVT Cobra MSRP-$27,470
2001 SVT Cobra MSRP-$29,600
2000 SVT Cobra R-$54,995

Hope to see a Z/28 at C5 Fest!
I said the same thing on this thread many pages ago. Only 300 Cobra R's were made (no radio, no A/C, full blown track car). Next year at this time, I would love to know real world numbers of how many new Z/28's ever saw a track (every now and then you'll see Cobra R's pop up on Ebay and they only have a few hundred miles on them). I just don't see people spending $75k for a car that IS NOT sanctioned for any road racing (SCCA, etc.) and taking it to a track just to beat on it. "Yea, I bought this car to make some really fast hot laps at my local track simply for a piece of mind.". That is all we keep hearing (it's track worthy, it's track worthy, it's track worthy). All it's good for is glory laps. You can't race it competitively with the stock set-up. Period. Is it cool? Hell yea. But, what else is it good for though, other than local track bragging rights and telling people that you have one? I'd rather have a 1LE for half the price and if you need parts, they're readily available.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote