View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #12
cjrzasa

Drives: 2011 1LS
Just did my eagle eye install yesterday. Took 2.5 hours with no prior knowledge or experience of removing the bumper.

You'll need a 7mm socket, a 10mm socket, and a small flathead screwdriver or more preferably a trim removal tool. to carefully remove the plastic rivits. for the sockets, use preferably one you can swap between a ratchet and a screwdriver type handle because some of the places are difficult to reach with a ratchet. All in all a total of 40 bolts or retainer/rivet things were removed to get the bumper off.

The kit comes with whats called "vampire clips" you feed the wire from the headlight assembly in to one side and theres a block on the other end so it doesnt go all the way through. on the other side, you simply pry it open and slide it over the side marker light wires and clamp it down. The metal piece in the vampire clip automatically strips the wire and creates a circuit so no soldering is necessary. Theres 4 clips in total 2 for each side (positive, negative). The wires you need to clamp are very straightforward, you dont have to dig around they are very evident on both sides of the inside of the bumper.

Make sure everything works before you reattach the bumper although you will have to slide the bumper back on to the car in order to plug in the power to the sidemarkers to test. It wasnt a bad install, i dont work on cars for a living and I've never done my own oil changes so that gives you an idea about my experience with modding, changing things on a car. End result is pictured below. If you have any questions about the install, please PM. For directions on bumper removal, look around the forum for the instructions for installing the GM ground effects kit. Around page 8-9 it covers bumper removal to install the front lip spoiler. I didnt install a front lip spoiler but it told me everything i needed to do to get the bumper off and has detailed pictures as to the exact location of the screws and the order to remove them.

The only thing I'm looking for now are actual white halogen bulbs as the bulbs that came with the housings still are yellow and to me looks awkward with white halos. I have no plans for an HID kit right now so I'll prob have to dig around on ebay.

Best of luck to you.

cjrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote