View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 05:05 AM   #38
jking

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
If GM (or the dealerships) suddenly started offering zero percent financing, I'd be ordering a Camaro tomorrow. I'm dying to get one like all of us here, but financially I just can't swing it right now.

I was at a Chev dealership just before they received their first Camaro a few weeks ago. I was chatting with the salesman and he told me that they recently announced that they are lowering the restrictions on qualifying for zero percent on the Cobalts. He said "even folks with not so great credit scores can now qualify for zero percent on a Cobalt". And any other car that's being advertised as zero percent, he said that your score has to be at least 640 to qualify (I was given that number by two different dealerships).

But with the Camaro, not only are low interest rates not happening, but most of the dealerships it seems are marking way up over MSRP. So it's the worst of both worlds; high finance rates, along with inflated pricing! It's for those reasons that I will probably have to be forced to wait until next year for my Camaro.

However I do realize that some dealerships are staying at MSRP, so maybe I can consider a purchase in a few months time because of that.
jking is offline   Reply With Quote