View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #66
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
How can you not bust out the magazines? Lightning lap for instance.
By actually driving the cars or avoiding comment on the driving experience without doing so

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post

My original point was for the money you can get a much better performing car. (Mustang, Camaro) It's easy to handle when you don't have to deal with 370WHP. But performance per dollar is no contest. Even a V6 Mustang kills these twins in every performance category. I'm sure they are nice car but in my mind their performance doesn't justify their price. Strickly my opinion.
Better is not quantitative, but qualitative. The 5.0 and SS are often faster around track than a Lotus Elise too, but the driving dynamics of the Elise are so much more controllable and enjoyable. Most people that track their cars either don't record lap times at all or only do so to keep tabs on their progress. You definitely won't be the fastest in a BRZ/FRS, but you might have the biggest smile on your face.

Just as a parallel, my car in current form would smash a stock GT3 on most tracks (mostly due to tires), but having driven both I would trade mine in a heartbeat. There is more to a car than lap times and numbers. Nobody buys a BRZ or FRS to be the fastest. They buy it to enjoy the driving experience.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote