View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 07:31 AM   #47
Chris49066SS

Drives: 2010 SS L99
Skinnies

Got my skinnies mounted! I cut the rollerskates off the front without having to remove the pads from the calipers, so I saved myself a bunch of work. I went with the Race Star 17x4.5 wheel and checked fitment, which fit great, then mounted some bias ply M&H 28.00x4.5/17 front runners and have the stick-on weights for balancing. I made sure to let my local shop know to put the weights on the inner part of the rim so that they would clear the calipers, and they fit perfectly. The weight difference from the stock corners was around 30 lbs on each. Race Stars are not light by any means, but they are a lot lighter than the stock 20's and bias plys are lighter than radials as well. Getting really excited to get this thing to the strip again!

Driving impressions- So with skinnies up front and no front swaybar, it is still streetable. Its a night and day difference in handling though, this thing can't corner worth a damn now! It rained today too, so the handling was straight garbage. I haven't done any hard braking, but its all fine. Just a matter of knowing what kind of setup I have now and its limitations/sacrifice of street manners and drivability in pursuit of better strip capabilities. Its acceptable and welcome losses for me. Hitting the track next month/soon so stay tuned!
Attached Images

Last edited by Chris49066SS; 11-04-2019 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Additional photo
Chris49066SS is offline   Reply With Quote