View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 12:55 AM   #10
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
I’ve been thinking of where to start with this car and I have come to the conclusion to, for now, just make it look good. I will be replacing some things and repairing some others. First will be to replace the windshield. Apon delivery there was a pretty hefty chip right in the middle of the windshield. Its an eye sore to me so thats my first step. Sadly this is very expensive. $750 for oem glass (which is needed for the HUD), the molding kit, and labor. This will put other things, mainly suspension, on hold for a while. So why I wait to recoup funds I figured I can repair some other things on the car. This car must have sat outside its whole life. There are some major sun weathered spots on the rubber trim pieces (see attached photo) and Im thinking of plasti dipping those to hide the corrosive spots. I would love to swap these trim pieces for new ones, maybe sometime in the future. Side note, the trim piece on the windshield that needs replaced is over $400 for parts and labor and as of now I feel painting over them and saving that money for other things is a smarter idea. More updates to come, Thanks for your time
Name:  E7FCC047-E90B-49A0-85D9-BABF9E1E7B02.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  118.2 KB
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote