View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #25
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredz View Post
thanks boys...yes, i have a list of 5 top ones that were independently tested and correct, there are many. I am not discounting Joe, not in the least, just stating a fact I witnessed. If I wanted to spend the money, I can get a invisible bra installed all over the car and that is perfect!! had it done on my 17 Porsche gts and it was wonderful and kept stress of owning black to a minumum. But $7300 is not what I feel like paying. Black can be a curse, but we keep buying it!!!!!!!!!!
The product you posted is not a coating, it is a sealant.
A coating is much different than a sealant.
A coatings' durability will last a couple years vs. months from a sealant.

I have a silica based sealant on my car as well. It will sheet water very fast too.

A coating when new will sheet water off fast, but over time, it will lessen, that's why many people top their coatings with a silica sealant, for maximum hydrophobic effect.

Regardless of what you use for protection, shine comes from polishing, not from what you use to protect the surface with.

Don't believe the hype!

Use what you like, I can get the exact same effect washing my car with Hydrofoam.
It lasts 3 months on my ungaraged daily driven Camaro. $20 for a bottle, 5 applications per bottle, 15 months of protection. No wiping on, no buffing off, and it works on all glass/trim as well. Easiest way to apply protection that I've found in 35 years.

But my shine is from my machine polisher, not the protection product.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote