View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_camaro View Post
So so this is not about my car. I have boosted my 2007 GSXR 600. Im running about 6psi with a GT2560R turbo. I am not running a intercooler. I was looking to get advice on some water injection kits. The bike will be driven daily and raced at the same time. My compression is 12.5:1 right now witch is stock for this bike. I was wondering if I need the water kit and how much one would be for what I have. What kind of water do I run in it? Ive been told windshield wash fluid works fine. ill need something kinda cheap cause I will be going threw a lot of it. The bike has not been put on the dyno just yet. Can I have the water system kick on at 4psi and kick off when the pressure drops below 4? and where do you install the jet over each cylinder or just in the front part of my intake?
I have never seen one for a bike, but if they are like for 4-wheeled vehicles you can inject in the manifold. You should get a progressive controller that has it start spraying at a certain psi and increases linerally to the maximum psi you set. I know mine won't start spraying below 5 psi, but perhaps kits for motorcycles will. I wouldn't use washer fluid because it has dies and you can never be certain how much methonal there is. I would buy some 100% meth at a race shop and pick up some distilled water at a discount store. Then mix it about 70% meth to 30 H20.