View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #142
steph09

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
You are probably a good kid, and that's good. But I think its looney tunes crazy to buy a teenager a sports car, especially something like a Camaro. For allllllllllll sorts of reasons, not the least one being the fact that they could kill someone or themselves with it. I think an ideal first car for a teenager is an SUV or something like a Chevy Impala or Toyota Camry. To me its kind of like giving a kid a loaded gun and saying OK go have fun.

ANd let me get this straight, you're a teenager and your parents bought you an SS?
Well I'm 22 and my parents just bought me an SS last month. My sister is 15 and she has the LS.

Speaking for myself, I was a lead foot kid when I was 16 and I have been fortunate enough to have had a sedan that wasn't too fast from 16-22. I have learned and matured A LOT in respect to driving and I have great respect for ANY vehicles because it is literally a 2 ton weapon. I have respect for my life and other peoples. I can't speak for my sister yet but I have emphasized to here the importance of being responsible... only time will tell once she gets her license.