View Single Post
Old 03-24-2022, 11:19 PM   #1
2010BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99
2010 L99 w/ Headers + 3.91s vs. 2010 L99 w/ Only Headers

My car: CAI, 2" TSP headers, 3" TSP exhaust, 3.91 gears, Truetrac, & DynoSteve tune.

His car: CAI, 1 7/8" TSP headers, & tune.

On the 1st pass, we both left on the light. With the 3.91s, I should have taken him off the line, but I pretty much blew the tires off and continued to spin in 2nd gear. So, we were side by side as I spun through 1st and 2nd gear, but my car started to drift. So, I got out of it, and let him go.

The second pass started just like the 1st. We left together on the light, and I spun through 1st and into 2nd gear. This time, however, the car stayed straight. As soon as I caught 3rd gear, I hooked and absolutely destroyed him. I had at least a bus and a half on him at the finish line.

To me, I think this was a decent real world test of what kind of performance gains you get from doing a 3.91 gear swap. Both cars were 2010 Camaros with the same engine and TSP headers. The only real difference was that I had 3.91 gears. If I would've been able to hook at the starting line, I would've made him look like he was driving a Prius. Also, if I had got back in it during the 1st race, I still would've beat him.
2010BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote