Thread: Spun bearing
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 10:31 AM   #61
Triple5even813
Learner of things

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 coupe, black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
I think if your planning on changing your block to a 416 then I’d give melling a call and discuss with them what would work, as bearing clearances and such might change, which will effect your idle oil pressure . You just wanna make sure it won’t suck your oil pan dry .
If keeping stock , I’m running a stock 6qt oil pan in my truck and haven’t sucked it dry at all . I also made sure by asking melling aswell. My truck has a l92 .6.2

I don't believe it's possible to overpump a hydraulic journal bearing with oil. Net oil pressure increases with a larger pump, but the net increase in the actual volume of flow is minimal because it is limited by the construction and clearance of the bearing. Also I don't think there is enough clearance space in every bearing and every oil gallery in the entire engine to accommodate 6-8 quarts of oil all at once.

I would welcome discussion if you know something about this that I don't.
2013 M6. Cammed, straight piped, 17# boost, E85. Tuned by CHenry Motorsports. 825rwhp @ 6450, 812 rwtq @ 3500. Stock unported blower, stock heads, stock bottom end, stock throttle body. Boost only, no meth, no nitrous
Triple5even813 is offline   Reply With Quote