Thread: Spun bearing
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 05:53 AM   #70
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherz View Post
I like my Z but I feel like as soon as you touch anything on it there is a 100 parts that “should” go on for it to be safe. Some days I wish I had a C6Z with heads/cam that I never have to worry about..couple of my friends have them and they are insanely stout. I’ve seen a lot of guys running modded LSA’s without issue just gives me anxiety reading these posts.
Need not have any anxiety with the LSA...nor reading here. A little comprehension...perhaps inference is necessary some of the time as the whole story is not always posted.

If I were to guess, the two largest contributing factors were an insanely (to me) too high shift point (7k) and a questionable history. I only say questionable because the op purchased his Z w/ 37k miles with no history or maintenance logs. How do we know know the oil was changed more than once? Or with the proper oil? Or proper amount?

Then we can get into the tune. The OP wrote he sets the Z's point at 7K for all E85 bolt on Z's, and 7.4K for big cammed Z's. I think that's crazy and the tuner should rebuild his engine for free.

The LSA is insanely stout, and can take a lot more power. But a proper build and tuner is a must, and the hp, boost and rev's must all be limited if you desire longevity.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote