View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:42 AM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71456 View Post
Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it. I honestly think the only reason that the shop put that small of a pulley on was because maybe that was all they had. I don't know, but that was the impression I got at the time.

I do have fuel pressure and the pressure does go down at WOT of course, but not too low at all. When the tuning was done, the car was not running out of fuel or at a dangerous level. They spent a few hours on tuning and absolutely made sure of that. The fuel pump is however at it's max and I was planning on doing a dual pump, but I wanted to address this issue first. Since the engine isn't running out of fuel, then that isn't my problem right now, nor do I have any problems, YET. I know the car should have a fuel system upgrade and I plan on it, but I just wanted to get some opinions from tuners and others with maggie/header combo on pulley size.

Thank you. I'm thinking that I'm already going to email the shop and get something done about this.
Cool!

I'm sure if they are a good shop they'll get you sorted out.

I'd just be careful of going WOT in 5th and 6th near redline... obviously you'll be going real fast at that point so I can't imagine you do that very often anyway.

And I'd make sure not to go WOT at very low RMP < 3k when it too high of a gear. always downshift in other words.

Other than that I'm guessing you are good to go. The only other problem may be your exhaust hitting the tunnel brace.

I had this happen to mine and it was triggering the knock sensor and pulling like 14 degrees of timing... so check to make sure there are no exhaust rattles.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote