View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #30
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT
As per your comments, thank you. I like the interaction.
And in response,
1. Good
2. I don't plan on anihilating every single drivetrain component although I will get on it from time to time (it's possible they can make it strong enough to handle the punishment and also keep the costs down---so they can top Ford and Dodge once again in another area.)
3. It's called discussion with opinion.
4. Does anyone have the answer to this question w/ those leaked blueprints?
5. I won't pay anything over a few hundred over cost (not msrp). Eventually someone will sell it to you. See my other discussion about the last three Camaros I purchased for $200 over cost from the same dealership and then the Sorento I bought for $100 over cost (same dealership). They will do it again to keep the customer coming back.

3. Absolutely right...

5. When you say you bought your last 3 Camaros at 200 dollars over cost are you adding in holdback?

Even if the car dealership sells you a vehicle at dealer cost or "invoice," they are still making money!

The factory gives them what is called "holdback" on each new vehicle sold. On a vehicle that stickers for say $30,000 the "holdback" could be as much as $800 to $900!

Now, don't get too excited just yet! Holdback is given to car dealers by the manufacturer, usually on a quarterly basis, to help them offset the high cost of financing inventory.

Rarely will a car dealer negotiate any part of the "holdback," nor should they. Afterall, we must allow the dealers to earn enough profit to keep them in business.

However, knowing this, don't be afraid to offer the dealer a couple of hundred over invoice. It's a good deal for you, and it's to the dealer's advantage to take such a deal.
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote