View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
I opened my trunk for the first time in months and heard something rattling around. I immediatly suspected a spoiler nut had come loose so I removed the rubber nut covers and found that not only 1 spoiler nut had some loose, there are 2 of them rattling around inside of the trunk lid. I can hear them moving when I raise the trunk lid up and down but I can't see them.

Obviously the car is still under warranty but I hate to take it in for something like this. I have no problem replacing the nuts but I don't know what size they are, but I hate the sound of the nuts rolling around inside of the trunk lid and I want them out.

Would you guys remove the trunk lid completely and try to get the nuts out yourself, or would you simply take it to the dealer and let them deal with it? Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get them out without removing the trunk lid?

Russ
I took mine in for this problem. A problem is a problem no matter how small it's their job to fix it. They had to remove my trunk lid to get them out of mine. If they scratch it they pay. If you scratch it you pay.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote