View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #104
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
My first camaro was a regular old 73 coupe back in high school. It had a 350 in it that the previous owner had hopped up a bit. It wasn't super fast but held its own racing other high school wanna be drag racers. I believe this is were my love for camaro's began. I have many good memories of that car and of course it is long gone. About 10 years ago I had the opportunity to purchase an all original 73 Z/28 with the RS, LT pkg's optioned on it. This car over all was in good shape. I couldn't leave well enough alone though. I decided this car was special enough that it needed to be restored. Well me in my utmost wisdom embarked on a frame of restoration, took it 100% apart. Needless to say this car never came to manifestation. I sold the car as is to a more ambitious enthusiast.

When I first laid eyes on the 5Th gen concept car I said to my self I need one of these. As more and more time passed from the initial concept I started believing this car might not ever be produced with gas prices sky high the push for economy cars as well as GM's woes. I kinda took a wait and see attitude. One day in early June I came home opened the garage door and to my surprise there is a 2010 backed in with the front end glaring at me and my wife with a sh** eaten grin on her face. I asked her who's is this and she replied mine. I said what do you mean you don't like Camaro's you are a stang gal. She then said she saw it fell in love brought it home. Needless to say three weeks later I brought mine home.

After having this car for A week and loving it I decided I wanted it to be special and set it apart from others like it. I did my research and LPE was at the top of the list to carry out this task. Everyone I talked with about LPE had nothing but good things to say. In fact I heard from three different people the same words, they have one hell of a good reputation. It is no doubt a difficult decision to do something like this to a brand new car but in the end I believe it will all be worth it. I can hardly wait to drive it again, should be back behind the wheel here in 2 to 3 weeks in my new LPE650.
RS-SS2 is offline   Reply With Quote