View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
So I thought I'd get a 4th gen...any advice?

I've finally been able to get work since a few months back and my economy is approaching stabile again. But sadly not stabile enough to afford a 5th gen in the near future as I had originally hoped. BUT! There is probably a good change of saving up and getting a 4th gen! I still like the 4th gen a lot and they're pretty cheap around here.

So I'm looking at a 98-02 model, Z28 or SS, coupe, manual and I'd like to get once with cruise control and audio controls on the steering wheel. Now I'm not looking at having a deal or anything offered me over here, but I'd like to ask if there's anything I should think about when looking at the cars? Or is it just basically like with other cars, low mileage, good condition and service and so on?

How mod-friendly is the interior? I'm not totally friends with the steering wheel without the audio controls, but is it easy to replace it with another steering wheel? A friend of mine suggested I'd get a 5th gen steering wheel since I love that, but disregarding the fact that I think it would look out of place, would it work technically?

Oh and also, this would totally be the summer/fun car. I have my trusty Saab for now as the practical car.

And advice I can get is appreciated, thanks!