View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #11
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomBlack View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys. So I gave GPI a call yesterday about adding a stall or gears to their SS1 cam and they said a stall isn't necessary with this cam and gears would make a slight improvement, but really the bigger cams benefit from it more.

I scheduled an appointment to drop off the car early June to get the cam swap done. The Camaro is climbing high in mileage currently at 80,xxx so I figured I'd get some maintenance stuff done while the car is apart and also address a few weak links:

- new L99 oil pump
- Katech C5R timing chain
- new LS3/LS7 rocker arms with trunnion upgrade
- new lifters (not sure which ones to go with yet)

What do you guys think should I add anything else? I'm not sure who I talked to exactly on the phone when I called. I'm going to call again and ask them what lifters they recommend (they have a few options with the cam package on their site), how they feel about the 160 degree thermostat (I read good and bad on this forum), and I'll bring up the stall and gearing question again.
pushrods and also get a good aftermarket damper. chevrolet performance lifter trays part# 12595365.

for your lifters, either:

chevrolet performance part# 12499225 or if you have the $$$ go with johnsons ST2126LSR or ST2116LSR

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote