View Single Post
Old 04-04-2019, 06:54 PM   #14
PhantomBlack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty9fordkiller View Post
pushrods and also get a good aftermarket damper. chevrolet performance lifter trays part# 12595365.

for your lifters, either:

chevrolet performance part# 12499225 or if you have the $$$ go with johnsons ST2126LSR or ST2116LSR
Yes pushrods are definitely on the list. I was looking at the Chevrolet performance lifters. Anyone who's running those have any issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNFLSH View Post
I'm running a GPI SS1 VVT cam and agree with the others, go with the converter first but you need 3800-4000, 3200 is too low for where this cam makes power. The RPM difference won't change street feel but it will make a huge difference when you romp on it. This cam builds power north of 3800 RPM which was really evident for me when I ran the stock converter for a year then upgraded to a Circle D 3800. At the track with the stock converter flashed around 1900 RPM, launching like it did when stock, but as it climbed above 3600 RPM it was like the afterburner kicked in. With the 3800 stall it flashes at the start of the power band (not before) so now I'm in the afterburner from the hit....which then becomes a traction problem :-o.

Over the winter I picked up drag radials to help with traction, and also have a 3.91 w/TruTrac diff ready to install next week. I'm really expecting solid improvement across the board, esp. 60' time.
Thank you for explaining the experience you had. Converter sounds like the way to go! I'd like to hear your feedback once the gears and trutrac is in. A lot of the mods in your signature are the ones I've been thinking about for my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I have had nothing but good luck with my 160* thermostat. I had DynoSteve change my fan profile, so they come on low speed at like 192* and ramp up from there.

I rarely get above 200* anymore and am usually between 172 -192* coolant temp. Before the 160* stat, I would hit 212 at lights in the summer. It made a huge difference in my idle and cruising temps, which means less KR. With my 160* stat, I never go full retard!
I'll add this to my parts list as well, thank you!
PhantomBlack is offline   Reply With Quote