View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Jim,

I didnt follow all of it and I'm trying to remember all the details from my Aeromotive install...

Here was part of the situation...

Key on, pump would run up to fuel pressure, 58-60 psi... Turn the key to start and the fuel pressure would drop off to zero...

This was a case of when the key was in the start position, the (hope this is correct) BCM was blocking power to the pump along with most other electrical components and so the pump wasn't running... Hence, fuel pressure drop off and not enough to start the car...it's redirecting power to the starter...

The fix was to roll the key to the start position and immediately let off... It'll still run the starter for a few seconds, and the power is allowed back to the pump so it maintains pressure and the car would start... Contrary to old rules, these car will continue to crank for, if I remember correctly, as much as five seconds after releasing the key if you just bump it to start and let off to the run position...

I never had a problem starting it after that...

As for the other issues...

I never threw any codes, but occasionally when going from cruise to WOT, I would get a fuel pressure spike and the car would surge and buck really hard.... We never figured that one out as the Aeromotive crapped itself prior to us diagnosing it....

We pulled the junk pump and the billet FPSC out and put the Lingenfelter dual pumps back in the bucket, built a surge tank and installed an external Weldon fuel pump... No issues at all since... Aeromotive couldn't understand why I didn't want their pump in my car anymore... Must have been something about it only lasting seven hours total...

The dual pumps feed the surge tank running wide open with no back pressure all the time, and the Weldon pulls from the surge tank... 2.5 gallon, and feeds the rails via a fuel pressure regulator....

Oh, we had the Aeromotive set up on a hob switch... At one lb of boost it went from low to high speed mode...

I'll check with Corey, but there was something about bypassing the PCM and then having the trick it into thinking the factory fuel pump was there so the car would run right.

Again, I don't remember all of the details, but I'll see what I can find out...
Robert, for the starting issue, we had the identical thing. turn key to power on pump, fuel pressure was 58. Go to crank car and it would drop to zero. Our solution was to wire in a relay to the red 16 gauge power wire to the controller and that fixed it.

It was perfect on the numerous dyno runs, just major belt slip at 53-5500rpm.

ON the final street tune the PCM started acting up and giving us the PCM internal fault code with reduced power.

We are gonna bypass the aeromotive controller and dyno it and see it it kicks out the code there then take it out on the street. It it doesnt kick out the P0606 code then we isolated that the aeromotive controller is the issue and conflicting with the pcm.

It that does not solve it and we still get the pcm fault i am leaning to changing out the pcm. One last thing i want to do is unplug the connectors to the PCM and check all the wiring there.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote