View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #22
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
The duster can be floated over the car and the static electricity has the light dust and pollen "fly" off the surface. And don't be fooled I can take as much care as anyone... A rinseless and a waterless also will add damage to the paint. At some point in the real world of daily drivers there is best practice and then there is acceptable. If I could afford a show car only. It would get only the best practices. Through rinse, foamed, rinsed and foamed again. Ph balanced soap in a grit guard equipped bucket with one or two rinse buckets also with grit guards. I'd wash one panel at a time and have two incredimitt's, one for the top 2/3rds and one for the bottom. I'd use about 25 gallons of water rinsing constantly. I would only dry with warm air from a master blaster. And even then I would have added "some" damage to the paint.

Find out what you can live with and what you can't. I have a daily driver that I take to shows. My paint blows away any other daily driver and holds its own with the best the show has to offer. But I am a freak detailer and know that there is no such thing as perfect paint or a routine that can't be improved upon.

Use the duster , just understand that every time you touch the paint some evidence is left behind. Be smart, don't mop you car with the duster. Also for the love of God please stop sanding on your car with that one rag that you have in the trunk that has been there forever!
Attached Images

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote