View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 01:44 PM   #159
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamb2 View Post
Just did my pegasus bushings, The OP failed to mention that getting the old ones out is easy. But putting the rear top bushings is next to impossible without removing the whole cradle. I just did mine yesterday. And due to the alignment pin coming down from the top of the subframe that is 1.5 inches long and goes into the bushing, there was no way to get a 1inch socket in there so we used a 1-inch washer which worked but getting the top rear bushing to seat in the cradle between the subframe and cradle we had to use a 5 foot piece of metal for leverage to get enough room to squeez in the top bushing, it took hours. I just hope we did not bend anything with all the pressure we used to flex the cradle down. Now the car is all over the place when I hammer it but I assume it just needs a alignment I hope. But those rear top bushings are a major PITA to install.
You can lower the whole cradle down safely/without risking damage. I've done these bushings twice and both times lowered the entire cradle down (using a jack under the differential) until the exhaust touches the rectangular support bracket thing in the middle of the car - this will give plenty of room to squeeze in a socket and the top bushings.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote