View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 07:31 AM   #7
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
Correct. Technically torque to angle. I always get them backwards. I have found so much conflicting information on here that I wound up just running the new bolts until I can get new GM bolts. It made no sense to me that a 14mm fastener could fatigue that much. I can't count how many times I've reused bracket bolts on other vehicles.

What baffles me is the dorman bolts absolutely would not go to 90 degrees. I got them to around 70 degrees but I am either going to snap my breaker bar or lift the corner of the suspension to the point of risking too much movement on the jackstands. The overall torque on this bolt right now is at least in excess of 140 ftlbs. I'm putting more strain on them than I do my Silverados lug nuts.
I wonder if the integrated washer on the Dorman will change the final toque result vs the OE bolt. FWIW, when I had my '14 1LE, which I tracked, I would be removing my calipers at least once annually. I would of course reuse the caliper bolts. I torqued those bolts to 145 ft/lbs with high temp/high strength loctite. IIRC, I figured out what the final torque was when I tightened them to the GM spec. 145 is close to the recommended torque spec for that thread pitch/diameter and grade bolt. And yep, I could easily start to lift the drooped suspension with my torque wrench, but I never was concerned about lifting the rest of the car.

If your Silverado is a late model, it's lug stud is also a 14mm diameter.