View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 11:50 AM   #290
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
This reminds me of a great Shakespeare line, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet."

regardless what it is called It will be a beast of a machine, a hell of a ride, Mustang Dominator, and I can't wait for it to become a convertible
Hi Eric, you might find this interesting. I have been sooo excited about this HPE information to the point that I couldn't contain myself any longer. I ran over to to my closest Chevy dealer this morning and had a heart to heart chat with a seasoned salesman. I told him about the info disseminated at the National Chevy Dealers meeting that Becky gave us yesterday. I did not discuss the venue or the sources and remained vague about same and assured him it was from the horse's mouth. I told him of all the details as presented to us here. He was surprised and unaware of any news or word from GM about the new options and/or HPE model for the 2012 Camaro. He said the following:He has a contact person in corporate from GM and he will see what he could find out. Chevy does plan on model production based to a degree on the consumers queries and intent to buy prior to production. Camaro inquries and promises to purchase the 2010 model ahead of the order taking date were huge. Only 20,000 units of the convertible will be made based on these projections. I told him I wanted to be in on the ground floor with the dealership and sit down with them and order a HPE when it becomes ready for ordering in case it is a dealer allotment initial order. As in the past this will probably be the case. I gave him all my information, he wrote it up, and I will check back later on. No list, deposit or promise other than he will work with me to get one. I hope GM is ramping up production for 6.2L S/C engines...heh..heh...!!
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote