Thread: Camaro's future
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 05:18 PM   #14
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Over the past 10 months I have been going to dealers with a friend looking for an SS or SS 1LE 6 speed to test drive a buy right off the lot new. We must have visited all the dealers in my area in a 50 mile radius, about 10 or 12 dealers multiple times and either they have absolutely nothing or maybe a few 6 bangers, if they have a v8 and thats slim its a automatic. He's been ready to buy a Camaro for well over a year. Chevy failed him. Now he is saying eff them and he has been buying 60's Chevy muscle since the 70s. Now he is looking at the new mustang but is waiting to see other options over the basic GT because he doesn't want the Chinese 6 speed manual. Waiting for the GT500 or something with the Tremec trans. GM needs new leadership, like someone who can make their products available, or some who can hire someone to launch and exciting ad and marketing campaign because lord knows they didn't lift a finger to advertise and promote these cars. GM has become so pathetic.
Mach 1's are a very interesting option, manual gets the Tremec and they sound incredible in stock form. With the 7th Gen GT and Dark Horse being released, there is some good value out there on left over s550's. There are even a few new 23 Mach 1's left. There's one near me I am thinking of test driving.