View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #111
tbenvie

Drives: White convert
Thanks for the replay-I have completed all the research on the 2013 to 2017 cars and have the 2018 cars-only half have been sent to the dealers at this time. (There are still a number of unsold 2017 cars at dealers as well). I've also completed the 93 Camaros and found a few errors in the generally accepted list of cars released by GM. There were also 1991 Z28 converts used at the 1990 Indy as Festival Cars-possibly 43 of them and I have info on 41. they were white with black interiors and top and received the pink Indy decals at the track. there were also 80 Corvettes at 1990 used as Festival Cars and I have all the build info on them as well. You are correct that the Indy number has nothing to do with the VIN. The number is put on the drivers side windshield and the rear license plate area. At one time they were also put behind the rear view mirror. Most of the time they are left on the cars when sent to the dealers, but other times like the 1993 Allante all the identifying decals were removed from the car. I was encouraged to read in this thread some people have collected some VINs and dealership info and am sure hoping they will be shared. And as always, I will share everything once it is compiled and published. Thanks for any and all help.
tbenvie is offline   Reply With Quote