View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:14 AM   #9
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
The wars are back indeed. This review sounds much more accepting of the Camaro than the stand-alone review from Friday. They've now gone the other way on the feeling of weight and agility and now say the Camaro actually does feel pretty agile. That's very good to know! They still hate the wheel and plastics, but since no one else has really made that complaint and Cars.com said the plastics, though hard, were still actually very good, I'll take those criticisms with a grain of salt. Visibility, hopefully it is just something I can get used to.

What about the other cars? This shootout definitely reaffirmed my positions on them. The Challenger is stupid, slow, plodding, doddering, low quality, obese, nothing more than a style statement. The Mustang, on the other hand, is very tempting. I really think I should test drive one before deciding. The lower weight and smaller size are definitely upsides for me, and I liked the interior of the one I sat in. Despite its lack of power it is absolutely a competitive rival to the Camaro, and I have to respect Ford for what they've been able to do with a solid rear axle. A worthy competitor indeed.

I'll consider the Mustang along with the Camaro, but for now I guess I'll have to assume Edmunds is right - Camaro wins!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote